Sunday, October 17, 2010

Morning Cup File Folder Card

  So back when I was a working woman (for an actual paycheck, not just the love and joy of cleaning up after my 2 boys) I had several co-workers that this card would have been perfect for.  They were all about their morning coffee and heaven forbid if the wrong person made the coffee in the morning it would just ruin the rest of the day for them.  So, pair the stamp set Morning Cup with a file folder style card and you've got the perfect card for a co-worker!

  I saw this style of card a while back (don't even remember where) and thought it would be a good "Fun Fold" card to teach my stamp club so I wrote the idea down.  When I tried to find instructions I didn't find too many instructions so I took what I could find (again, have no idea where) and went to work.  Needless to say, several sheets of Very Vanilla cardstock were sacrificed to my total ineptitude at making a file folder card.  I kept cutting the wrong side so my tab never lined up where it was supposed to.  I persevered like the diligent stamper that I am and finally came up with this!


   Isn't it cute?  I loved my job before I had my kids but if I had file folders that looked as cute as this one I would have loved it even more!  Once I worked out where I needed to cut and where I needed to use the corner rounder it was all good.  I used some retired Sweet Pea DSP and my Color Coach to get the color combo of Rose Red, Elegant Eggplant & Baja Breeze.  The coffee pot was colored with reinkers & a blender pen and I added a little rhinestone to the lid.

  Here is the inside....See how I was thinking of alternating the colors of the mugs all the way across?  See how that didn't quite happen?  The 4 year old at my elbow and his never-ending questions about items in my stamp room kind of distracted me.  I know some of you out there understand that!  =)  But even if my coloring leaves something to be desired at least it's a good view of file folder shape!


Maybe once I can master this card on my own I'll be able to teach it at stamp club!

Thanks for looking!  Happy Stamping!

Stamps: Morning Cup

Ink: Stazon, Rose Red, Baja Breeze, Elegant Eggplant

Paper: Very Vanilla, Elegant Eggplant, Sweet Pea DSP

Accessories: corner rounder, blender pen, Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon, circle punch, scallop circle punch, rhinestones

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda, I did stamp today!

    What a cute card! Love the whole concept! Really cute. TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!