Sunday, August 15, 2010

Just Believe Demo to Demo Thank You

  I think one of the best things about the stamping world are the huge number of nice people you meet; either online or in person.  So many people openly share great ideas for projects, are ready to help someone out and are just very supportive of others in general.  I had a fellow demonstrator from Texas contact me a few months ago about a customer of hers that had recently moved to my area and wanted to find a local demonstrator.  This demonstrator and I exchanged a few e-mails and I contacted the customer and invited her to check out some of my upcoming events.  Then the craziness of summer happened and I fell behind on my stamping "to-do" list.  This is quite tardy in being made and mailed but I finally got off a little thank you card to the Texas demonstrator.  She went the extra mile to help out her customer and it's always nice to 'meet' someone new in the Stampin' Up world.  Here's the card that I sent her......


  I used 2 different challenges for this card.  The first one was the color challenge at Just Add Ink last week.  Rose Red, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla & Crumb Cake.  The second challenge was a sketch challenge at Create with Connie & Mary.  I didn't follow the sketch exactly but it was certainly a driving influence.  I also CASED my friend Jenn's Fifth Avenue Floral swap card for the ribbon treatment; you can see that post here.  

  So what did I do here... the base is Crumb Cake.  I put the length of Rose Red grosgrain ribbon around the Crumb Cake base and secured it with some SNAIL and then a layer of Rose Red which was run through the Big Shot using the Elegant Lines embossing folder.  I used the ticket corner punch on the edge of that layer.  Then I cut a circle out of Always Artichoke using the Circle Scissors Plus and trimmed the edges that overhung the Rose Red panel.  I stamped it several times with the leaf stamp from Just Believe in Always Artichoke.  I didn't reink my stamp each time so there are variations in the depth of color.

  For the Thank You panel I inked up the stamp with my Always Artichoke and Rose Red marker and stamped it on to Very Vanilla.  The sentiment was stamped with Crumb Cake and again it was easy to line up with the clear mount stamps & blocks.  I used the ticket corner punch on this layer as well as the Always Artichoke layer.  And of course I popped this all up on dimensionals.

  The final 2 touches are the paper piercing along the edge of the circle and the strip of pearls (LOVE these!).

  Thanks for looking!  Happy Stamping!

Stamps: Just Believe

Ink: Rose Red (marker), Always Artichoke (inkpad & marker), Crumb Cake

Paper: Crumb Cake, Rose Red, Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke


Accessories: pearl jewels, Rose Red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, Circle Scissors Plus, dimensionals, Elegant Lines Textured Impressions embossing folder, ticket corner punch, paper piercing tool

4 comments:

  1. What a great story! I have met wonderful people also, and you are one of them!!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card!!! Your demo friend will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is beautiful & I totally agree with you about the wonderful people we meet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Love the embossing. I'm going to have to get that folder. Nice color combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO beautiful. I love this color combo. And every time I see this set used I want it more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!