Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tea Light Cupcake & Matching 3x3 Card

  We made this sweet little project at my last Stampin' Tuesday.  When I first saw this tea light cupcake on Splitcoaststampers I wasn't quite sure what you might do with it after you made it.  Then I thought that if it was paired with a little 3x3 card it would be the perfect little something to give to a co-worker, a neighbor or an elderly relative to recognize their birthday.  Just a little something when a gift is too much and a card is not enough.


  I followed the tutorial on Splitcoast for the cupcake and added 2 of the small butterflies from the Beautiful Wings embosslit (so many ways to use this cute little die!) on the top and a Pretty in Pink taffeta bow on the front. 

   For the 3x3 card, I embossed the front with the Square Lattice embossing folder (Summer Mini) and used the corner rounder to soften the edges.  For the cupcake image I used my markers to color the top and bottom and then huffed on it to re-moisten the ink and then stamped on Whisper White cardstock.  Color the candle with markers and stamp that on the cupcake.  Punch the cupcake out with the circle scallop punch.  I recolored just the frosting and then stamped and cut it out.  I popped the cut out frosting up on dimensionals.  I mounted the scallop circle on a 1 3/4" circle of Soft Suede and then adhered that to my card base.

  Now you have a sweet little cupcake & card for someone special.

  Cupcake Supplies: Soft Suede Cardstock, Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper, So Saffron and Pretty in Pink cardstock (for the butterflies), sticky strip, scallop circle punch, crimper, taffeta ribbon, tea light, craft knife 

  For the card:
  Stamps: Party Hearty

  Ink: Soft Suede, Pretty in Pink (markers)

  Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Soft Suede, Whisper White

  Accessories: Square Lattice embossing folder, circle scallop punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, dimensionals, paper snips

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable!! I bought some of those tea lights to do a class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I really like that little cupcake candle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! What a cute cupcake! I am going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!