Thursday, June 17, 2010

Customer Thank Yous - Vintage Vogue Bookmarks

  Here is a quick little project I made as a little thank you for my Stampin' Tuesday ladies who placed orders last month.  Since they made a bookmark pocket card to maybe give to someone I thought I would make them their own bookmarks using the 2 Tags Die and Vintage Vogue stamp set.

  I made 8 of these in no time at all....well after the Crystal Effects dried that is but we'll get to that in a minute. 

  I ran pieces of Kraft (soon to be Crumb Cake! With a matching ink pad!!) through the Big Shot with the 2 Tags die and punched a small hole in the top middle of the tag for the Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon to go through.  I then punched out scallop circles in Old Olive to layer onto the Kraft.

  I stamped the large flower from Vintage Vogue in Rich Razzleberry ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and then the vine stamp in Old Olive ink onto the Kraft tag.  While watching TV I cut out the Rich Razzleberry flowers with my paper snips....It really doesn't take much time at all!

    Next I covered each flower with a healthy layer of Crystal Effects.  I didn't use a brush or anything, just the fine tip that comes on the Crystal Effects bottle.  If you're careful when applying it, the CE will pool right to the edge of your cardstock and not run over so you have a nice clear raised layer over the flower.  Check out that shine!! I let them dry overnight and the next day adhered the flowers to the Old Olive scallop circle.  The CE will slightly change the color of the ink when it dries so keep that in mind when planning your projects.  It might be a good idea to do a test run before doing a large batch at once!

  I ended up having an extra bookmark that I get to keep for myself.  My husband will think I'm crazy sitting there in bed supposedly reading but really admiring my beautiful bookmark!

  Stamps: Vintage Vogue

  Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive

  Paper: Kraft, Old Olive, Very Vanilla

  Accessories: Big Shot, 2 Tags Die, Scallop Circle punch, Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon, hand held circle punch, Crystal Effects, Paper Snips

10 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! I'm going to have to try this. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them. I just made bookmarks this week for a child's birthday party and there weren't nearly as pretty as yours. I love Vintage Vogue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these & thanks for sharing the how to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, these are really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that tag die! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! Your customers will love them. And that flower, just shines. I'll have to remember that. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your site! You make beautiful things! Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! What a great idea to give them as customer thank you's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh what cute bookmarks, love it.
    and I just got this set ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!