Monday, April 26, 2010

Uh-Oh! A New Driver is on the Road!


   I just found out one of my cousins recently got her driver's license and since I'm always looking for a reason to make a card (or more accurately to actually mail a card!) I thought this was perfect.  I have loved this set since I first saw it in the catalog and I was soooooo disappointed when Stampin' Up put it on the dormant list shortly after it was released and then it was retired without ever making it back into a catalog.  I never even had a chance to demo it but I think it's super cute and a great image for this card.

  Again, I used a layout from the weekly Sketch Challenge (SC277) on Splitcoaststampers and just went from there.  The car is stamped with Stazon on watercolor paper.  I used a reinker and my Aquapainter to do the watercoloring.  The layer under the car is Pink Passion textured cardstock which I stamped the "putt putt" in white craft ink.  The designer series paper is from the Kaleidoscope series.  Almost all of the colors in this Designer Series Paper will be retiring so I better start using it!  I stamped the little smoke cloud in Pink Passion down the right side of the card to help balance out the busyness of the DSP.  I added a Rhinestone brad for some bling on the corner of the car panel.

Stamps: Putt Putt

Ink: Pink Passion, White Craft, Black Stazon

Paper: Pink Passion (regular & textured), Gable Green, Kaleidoscope DSP, Whisper White, Watercolor paper

Accessories: Rhinestone brad, aquapainter

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!