Saturday, March 27, 2010

New House Congratulations


Here is a quick card that I made to send to my cousin and his wife who recently bought their first house. I was inspired by this card and this card over on Splitcoaststampers...there is a never ending supply of inspiration and ideas over there!

Since I still have so much of the Sweet Pea Designer Series paper pack left I cut into yet another pattern that I haven't used yet. The hounds tooth pattern keeps the Old Olive layer from looking too flat. I used the scallop trim border punch for a quick little detail under the house panel. And a brad and small loop of Chocolate Chip satin ribbon complete the embellishments.

I tried out a new setting on my camera to take this photo and it doesn't show the detail of the textured Old Olive cardstock that I used for the strip of "grass" under the house. I guess I'll go back to the old settings!

The stamping is pretty basic using the clear mount Good Neighbors Sale-A-Bration set (only 4 days left to get free stamps & accessories!!). I did learn a little trick with this set to make sure your roof doesn't end up floating high above your house. Just take your craft & rubber scissors and trim off the little bit of extra rubber underneath the roof piece so you can get the 2 pieces to match up just right. Mount the house panel using dimensionals.

Remember there are only 4 days left to get Good Neighbors and other great sets for free during Sale-A-Bration. Click on the link to the right to begin shopping on my Stampin' Up website! Don't miss out!

Stamps: Good Neighbors

Ink: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue

Paper: Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Old Olive Textured, Chocolate Chip, Sweet Pea DSP

Accessories: Scallop Trim Border punch, brad, dimensionals, Satin Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!