Monday, September 21, 2009

Bold Bright Baby Shower Invitation


Here is a project that I've been busy with the last few weeks; designing, re-designing, cutting, assembling and finally mailing. This is a baby shower invitation that I designed for our very good friends who are expecting their first child in November. I wanted to use the colors of the nursery to get me started and the mommy-to-be gave the OK to use the giraffe from Wild About You (it's retired but I still reach for it all the time!). Polka Dots are also part of the nursery decor so of course I had to get those in somewhere!

The only problem I encountered when designing these cards was that all 3 colors are so bright that using too much of one would totally overwhelm the card. I had to play around a bit to make sure there was enough white space to balance out the colors. For the polka dots I used the awesome 12x12 textured cardstock and my trusty circle punches. I liked the look of the textured cardstock as it gave some added interest and depth to contrast with the Whisper White base. I made close to 40 invitations and didn't even use up a whole sheet of 12X12 for each color....that's a lot of circles but the cardstock goes a long way when you're using it for smaller elements. And finally the giraffe panel is popped up on dimensionals.

Stamps: Wild About You, Something to Celebrate (sentiment)

Ink: Only Orange, YoYo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise

Paper: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Textured cardstock- Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange, Tempting Turquoise

Accessories: 3/4", 1" & 11/4" circle punches, dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. I saw your card over at SCS and left a comment there. Your card is darling and it has just the right balance between white space and color. Also, I love the Wild About You set. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is really adorable and perfect in every way!

    I saw your card on SCS and found your blog from your post.

    Great blog - I have a feeling I'll stop by for a bloggy visit often!

    Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this! The colors are so bright & cheery! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab, I love the bright colours and your layout :) Thanks for sharing and I hope you don't mind me CASing this.

    Alex from England x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!! What a great idea to use card cut outs we have leftover!! I know what to do with mine now!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!