Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sunflowers Using a New Christmas Set!


I always love to be able to use my Christmas sets year round. The New Berry Christmas set which will be available on September 1st in the Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini Catalog fits the bill! At first I thought it was just another cute Christmas set that had a lot of images. Then I got it and started looking at the various stamps and thought, "Hey, some of these can be non-Christmas too!". Here is the first card I did with this set and it is no where near a Christmas card!

I used the stamp that is supposed to be a poinsettia and inked it up with Crushed Curry. Then some Soft Suede little "seeds"(holly berries!) in the centers. I punched out the sunflowers with my 1 3/8" circle punch and then layered them on my Old Olive scallop squares. This card needed a little more detail so I paper pierced above the layers and added the cute little bird in Soft Suede. And there you have it- a card using Christmas stamps that isn't Christmas. For those of you on the fence about this set I hope this gives you some more ideas to think about!

Stamps: Berry Christmas

Ink: Crushed Curry, Soft Suede

Paper: Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Old Olive, Whisper White

Accessories: paper piercer, scallop square punch, 1 3/8" circle punch

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! Great idea! I'll be receiving this stamp set at the Cincinnati regional this weekend! I'll be sure to CASE this card once I get home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!